these whimseys are breaking the bank!

Oh my, after over nine months of study and practice, with much support, attention and patience from my teacher Junior Olivieri, I´ve already achieved alot. I haven´t worked this hard in I don´t know how long! Ever? 
Well it´s high time I shifted up a gear and monetized this passion, material costs have bled me dry, ufe.
So time to share with the world and hopefully gain some support for my work.
These first three pieces here  have meant a lot to me, so  without further ado:
SpacePuss, pendant or free standing, 950 sterling silver, borosilicate glass with enamel captured inside, and a wonderful rough cut two tone citrine I was generously presented with on a school trip to H. Stern headquarters in Rio.


SpaceShip, a free standing piece. One of my earliest metal sculptures from this phase in my education. That´s recycled sodium glass from a fluorescent bulb, with its own fascinating colouration; combined with 950 sterling silver with a natural rough patina.

Last of the terrible three, SeaQueen. The final design is not fairly represented here, due to materials deficit (I´m broke!) Though it´s better to share than not as this is one of my favourites! As with all my silverwork, it´s 950 sterling silver or higher, the body of the octopuss is handblown Brazilian coloured glass, the stones are: good grade rough cut emerald, a real deep colour that Morena picked up for me while at an anthropological conference in Monpox Colombia, a rough cut black opaque tourmaline from Paraiba Brazil, the eyes are, today at least, AAA cubic zirconias. Dangling below a piece of shell I picked up from the beach right on Copacabana Rio De Janeiro! 
While still a work in progress, the design includes another glass piece and coral above, I think it really rocks.
Dimensions? Each of these fit in the palm of my hand and not what I would call mineratures.

Entradas populares