The Manel Spoon Saga


"TIME GENTLEMEN",
so here they are in reverse order;
The Manel fertility spoon saga.

This project took much longer than was hoped, expected and required. Valuable lessons were learnt about materials, scheduling, packaging, delivering and the value of ones word.

On the far right I had already prepared this pine pair (recovered from a chopping board) and realised I couldn´t put a prayer into the making if they were already made.
(Yes everything can be taken subjectively, including modal verbs.) So with Manel and his unborn son in mind I started on this formula one inspired, raised off the table design. I cut and carved trying to remove the rot, the wood worm that crossed and weaved through this poor piece of oak. A valuable lesson; it broke from a three feet fall, the rot through and true.
Then the Padouks, which near completion Manel rejected. Full stop.
So thinking, I purchased some american walnut, solid, beautiful, historic and heirloom-like; and started praying. It´s interesting that they came out so thin and fine, yet still strong in form and tensile strength.
They were delivered, even if poorly packaged. Berta told me that the conception had already occurred three months before; quite possibly when I started the formula one set. And we know no more.
So, thank you Manel and your family, you enriched my life, I learnt a lot, the time well spent; Thank you.

Entradas populares